Reality Bites!!!
It is Thursday and I arrived at the bus station at 6:30 am on Tuesday morning. That means I had all day Tuesday and Wednesday to get my life back on track. I'm not even sure I know where the track is.
So let's see....in 2 days I've managed to shop for food and home necessities. It took me two days to get the lawn mowed. I needed to whack some weeds, but then I had to go to the store and figure out how to replace the trimmer line. Then I had to actually figure out how to replace the trimmer line. Got it done eventually, but still haven't finished the whacking job because I realized that the yard is too far gone. I called in re-enforcements. The CHAINSAW ON A STICK!! Well, the job was too much even for that. The chain popped off and I figured out how to put it on again. Then it came loose and I realized that the hexkey that I need cannot be found. Of courses it's probably somewhere in the mess that is the garage. Now I have to go and put together the gas chainsaw. Good luck. I'm also still waiting till dusk to try to kill the mass of hornets that have made a home under the front stairs. The dog still can't figure out what to do with herself and did I mention I probably ruined my brandnew Samsung Galaxy tablet trying to protect it. It's the ultimate in irony. I purchased one of those protection sheets and spent many frustrating hours trying to get it on properly. I probably used a little too much vinegar to help me out, since the screen is completely unresponsive today. I've soaked it in kitty litter (thankfully still in my truck awaiting delivery to my mom- procrastination came in handy with this). Happy to say I was able to unlock it, but I was still unable to turn it off, making me think there is hope. It's probably still wet inside. If this thing comes through it's going to be one of the only pieces of good luck I've had in a while. It needs to pull through.
Interestingly, I'm taking it as a way to stop being busy. Isn't that the reason I started this blog- to find ways to stop with the meaningless busy and find meaning? I haven't been distracted by the fun of the tablet and as much as I hate to admit it, writing this blog is a lot faster when you get to work on a human sized keyboard.
Well....off to figure out how to put a gas chainsaw together. Owning a house is so much work...but mostly, it's just a lot of learning when you've never lived in one before. I've learned so much in the past few days alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment