A whole summer vacation has flown by. The days are getting shorter, the temperature has dropped and even the leaves are red against the browning grass. Where did summer go?
It's nothing to do with how I feel about my.job. I love it, I just don't feel like I had any fun this summer. I didn't. I spent most of my time cleaning and organizing the house. We now have places for everything we own and I've got an idea of where I'm going with all of my classes. Very productive for life's sake, but not a lot of fun.
Why is it that fun is easier for some than others? It almost seems like fun is something I have to work at. I don't rememner that always being the case. As far as I remember, I used to enjoy myself when I was younger. I didn't take things seriously and I was actually a procrastinator. Now I'm a perfectionist and its really cramping my fun style.
So how do people have fun in real life? It seems to just follow the people in the movies and tv. So where do I get my source? I suppose the first thing I need to do is stop bringing my work home with me. I've set out a schedule that allows me to stay at work for an extra hour or two on Tuesday and Thursday and never bring work home. I know it is possible to teach and be a good teacher while still doing this. The only thing standing in my way is me. My inability to find things to do with my time that I enjoy enough to occupy me. I've spent so much time in school, doing school things that I'm sure I know how to do much else. I know I enjoy other things, I just have to remember that.
School day number one tomorrow. Only 109 days until Christmas break.
No comments:
Post a Comment